Hi Stephen. In the Roadmap you have mentioned that all the discussion of
particular Jira issue is discussed in ML.
I cannot imaging how the code would be discussed here. Why not in pull
request at github?
In the repository with ASF rights INFRA can create labels like you have
proposed  "?" or "+1" or milestone "3.5" etc.
https://help.github.com/articles/creating-and-editing-labels-for-issues-and-pull-requests/