I like this idea of avoiding force pushing, but I'm not git expert to know
exactly if this gives exactly the intended result = start clean and not have
noise when doing bisects or git blame

this technical discussion should probably on a separate email thread, to not
pollute the vote thread

Any git experts to evaluate this implementation strategy?

Regards,

Hervé