Robert

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/
https://dzone.com/articles/debugging-maven-build-mvndebug

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:08:33 +0100, <org.apache.maven.u...@io7m.com> wrote:

Hello!

I think I may have explained myself poorly.

I'm not really looking for a general way to take a project and make it
debuggable. I'm looking for a concrete way to work on a bug in the
Assembly plugin.

On 2017-02-16T13:39:33 +0000
John Patrick <nhoj.patr...@gmail.com> wrote:

this might work and is what I get into the company/project root pom so
all developers can use the approach...

On 2017-02-16T06:52:03 -0500
Igor Fedorenko <i...@ifedorenko.com> wrote:

I don't use intellij, but if you are willing to try eclipse/m2e then
there are at least two viable ways to implement "debuggable" integration
tests...

I have a project that triggers the bug in the Assembly plugin, so I
assumed that the most logical way to approach this would be to add the
project as an integration test in here:

https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/tree/trunk/maven-assembly-plugin/src/it/projects/bugs

... and then run the test from an IDE and step through in a debugger to
identify the problem. I perhaps erroneously assumed that a mature
project like this would have a simple way to run a specific test
directly from an IDE! Is there perhaps some other way to do this that
all of the current developers know but that isn't written down
anywhere? I don't care how it happens, I just want to get this bug
fixed.