yes, git is really ubiquitous now and nowadays could perhaps help some
contributions
here is our tracking of git migration [1]

there are a few entries that we could move if someone takes the job:
Doxia core, Doxia Site Tools, Enforcer, Jxr, Plugin Tools, Release

there are issues to fix when migrating 1 svn repo (trunk/tags/branch) to many
git repos that are documented but not solved yet
Plugins and shared components are the 2 big repos, with respectively 41 and 26
parts if we switch to git that look hard to manage if we don't have a plan.
Perphaps Jenkins pipelines could provide some solutions on the Jenkins side.

Skins is perhaps not an issue any more now that we deprecated 3 old skins,
then only 2 skins remain. Pom would be feasible now that I reworked Maven
parent poms to be only in one global release: just the history migration could
be tricky given this exact rework :)

Then we can move forward:
- just do it for some svn repos
- a plan, particularly on Jenkins side, has to be found for plugins and shared

any taker for some of the work?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Git+Migration

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Git
+Migration#GitMigration-Migratinganaggregatortreeintoacollectionofgitrepos