Did you also configure your proxy in the settings.xml? [1]

Hth,

Nick

[1] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell