Hi, Chas,

thanks for answering, absolutely! I see this as a comprehensive approach
which cannot be done on just one side:
- IETF to define a new header X-something or even HTTP response code
standard i.e. "460 - Content generally known to be insecure"
- Repository providers to implement issuing this header (could be a
community plugin you install on a mirror repo); in fact this is JFrog's and
Sonatype's business to license dashboards with exactly this information; my
point is to iterate whether they would like to issue such a header/response
code
- None of the above would make sense if Maven community does not have
stakes here.

So now from your answer I could read between the lines "ok in general why
not if repository gives you such a notification" :-)

kind regards
Peter