Hi, in my organization we're seeing big increases in build time using newer versions of maven-jar-plugin and maven-sources-plugin, because those plugins are affected by a bug in plexus-io it seems.

The issue in plexus-io has been fixed since some time:  [1] and I believe a release has been made of relevant plexus components containing the fix (but I might be wrong about that).

However, both MJAR-259 [2] and MSOURCES-119 [3] are still open. When can we expect new releases of these two plugins (and other plugins/components affected by the same issue)? Is something block the release or no one simply got around to it yet?

We're trying to stay current and modern in our little eco-system at work, but this issue is holding us back on older versions of aforementioned plugins.

Thanks for your time!

- Eric L

[1] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-io/pull/17
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAR-259