[ERROR] Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 6, column 16 at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:205) at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:340) at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.RepositoryUtils.getMavenProjectFromRepository
 (RepositoryUtils.java:125) at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.renderer.DependencyManagementRenderer.getDependencyRow
 (DependencyManagementRenderer.java:253)

Based on this stacktrace the root cause is in Maven.

So a little bit more details: the code tries to gather all licenses, see the
code of the getDependencyRow method. Because of the inheritence it can't simply
read the pom, it must respect all its parents too.
My first impression is that using a ProjectBuilder comes with too much
overhead. Instead I would try to use a ModelBuilder instead. It's result will
be an effective model containing all licenses.

To guide you in the right direction:
I'd suggest to make an integrationtest under
src/it/MPIR-374-dependencymanagement-bundle with only a pom, containing only
dependencyManagement for
com.fasterxml.jackson.module:jackson-module-scala_2.10:jar:2.9.5
Also add the following verify.groovy script:
  def buildLog = new File( basedir, 'build.log' )
  assert !( buildLog.text =~ /\[ERROR\] Unknown packaging: bundle/ )

Now run it with mvn verify -Prun-its -Dinvoker.test=MPIR-374*
It should fail because the build.log contains the error message.

I hope this is enough information to continue and hopefully fix this issue.

thanks
Robert