Am 2019-07-04 um 13:12 schrieb Tibor Digana:
Did you read the Jira and the commit in Git?
It was written in the way to push Java 8 without any strong reason, sorry
for that but it's truth.
I would like to see v9.2 first (after v6) in 3.8.1 and then wait for Maven
3.7.0 which will go most probably with J8. We can release Site 3.9.0 and
use it in bindings in Maven 3.7.0. So we will have strictly segregated
Maven and plugins before MVN 3.7 and embedded plugins for MVN 3.7+. If we
move one plugin to J8 then move all but do it for MVN 3.7+.

We can see that our code may benefit from Lambda, no objections to it. But
this movement needs to be organized in a similar way how we moved al our
plugins to API 3.0. Using one plugin with J8 and not the other means, don't
be afraid, chaos.

I have expressed the very same concerns. This is *not* my fault. People demanded to upgrade to 9.4 because of "security" for test scope. Ridiculous.

Please raise another issue to roll this back and ping the previous dicussion roster. See this one: https://github.com/apache/maven-site-plugin/pull/3#issuecomment-437158167

Personally, absolutely see no reason to move to Java 8 unless I use Java 8 features.