Hi Enrico,

On 24.08.19 23:55, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
Hello,
As I going to start the release procedure for Maven Core I have a bunch of
questions.
I see  that the procedure is slightly different from the procedure for
plugins ([1]), but actually the main differences are about the way we stage
the release artifacts and the finalization phase, the core of the processs
will be release:prepare and release:perform as usual.

So I will run "mvn:perform" and I will copy the artifacts to [4], that is
in a directory named 3.6.2 (I see that Karl used 3.6.0 last time for 3.6.1,
maybe it was a typo).
I will run manually the integration tests against the binary artifacts
generated and perform my self tests, if I have some problem can I drop the
get tag and the staged repository or should I ban "3.6.2" tag forever and
move immediately to 3.6.3 ?

I see that Karl last time ([2]) sent a mail slightly different from the
template  [3] shall I use that email as template ?

How does website staging works for Maven Core ? I see no specific
instructions here in [6], I think the directory for Maven Core staging is
[7] (According to the component-reference-documentation-helper tool).
I have also found this script from Hervé, see [9], it runs the same
commands as in the "common" procedure

Release notes:
I can't find release notes for 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 on svn [8], have the sources
been moved to another location ? on some git repo ?

Should I prepare the release notes before then I cut the release and send
the VOTE, or can I create them during the finalization of the release ?
It will take time to write those notes, but I also think that writing the
release notes helps a lot in understanding the effective contents of the
release.

I have started a new build of master branch now, in order to perform a
final check up, see[5].

I am sorry if this list was so long but I feel it is a big responsibility
to cut a release of Maven core and I want to be sure I am understanding
clearly what I am doing.

No need to apologize cause based on the list you are asking you show how
serious you are taking this ...

No problem..

As Hervé already stated go for it...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Please do not push changes to master branch and let me drive all of the
commits until the release procedure is completed.

Best regards
Enrico Olivelli

[1] https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-core-release.html
[2]