Dion was going to do this last year (actually make a tags JAR), but nothing
came of it.

The only plugin that requires RC3+ is multiproject for the reactor tag, and
you wouldn't want to upgrade multiproject other than to get the memory
enhancements that come with the new tag.

To be honest, I'd rather get 1.0 out with what works now and forget about
changing things. I've got enough to do already :)

- Brett