Something dion raised a while back, but I propose that we do the following
for RC3:

- Create a subdirectory (new project) maven-jelly-tags in the existing maven
CVS tree
- copy maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/maven/* and
maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/BaseTag*.java + package.html to
the new project's source directory
- leave werkz and jeez where they are as they aren't reusable and are
terribly tightly coupled to the plugin manager.
- release maven-jelly-tags-1.0.jar and add as a dependency to the current
Maven distro.

It is fully backwards compatible, and will help avoid the problem of tying
the tags to the core. The only problem would be if someone is depending on
maven.jar and using these tags outside of Maven which I find highly
unlikely!

I'm prepared to do the work on this.

+1 from me.

- Brett