Hi Elliotte,

I am also using milestones in Surefire, as you may have noticed, because
the complete work is too big and for one release.
As for instance, milestones are fantastic for the major versions like in
3.0.0 because it is the only chance when you can break some backwards
compatibility in plugin configuration.
That's our case. For instance the system properties for config parameters
of plugins share the same because they do not have prefixes. So i put the
prefix in the system property and that's what i break, a little. It was
just an example, but this is the principle that i understand and we
untilize it in the milestones.