Sure! Today I did a release in a single module project. The unwanted diff
was that the release plugin changed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>

So it discarded our formatting (which had a linebreak after the
xmlns:xsi-attribute and aligned xsi:schemaLocation-attribute, column-wise,
with the xmlns-attribute, in case formatting is lost in the email) and put
all attributes on the same line as its containing element (element
"project", in this case).

I don't know if it happens only for this element or not, in our pom-files,
that is usually the only element that has so many attributes that our
formatter line splits it.

We're trying to make sure formatting is always correct in our code-base, to
get rid of unwanted noise in git diffs to make reviews smaller, that's why
this is a slight nuisance to us.

The release was done on Linux machine. All files have unix-style line
breaks, indentation is four spaces.

- Eric L