Le dimanche 8 mars 2020, 00:31:07 CET Michael Osipov a écrit :
> Am 2020-03-07 um 19:04 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> > Le samedi 7 mars 2020, 17:39:20 CET Michael Osipov a écrit :
> >> This is expected because I am on 1.8.0_242. I don't have Java 7
> >> installed anymore on the server.
> >
> > for the discussion I wanted us to have, just being able to test and see
> > how we detect issues, this is perfect, isn't it?
>
> This is really nice. Here is the diffoscope output:
you're discovering the wonders of diffoscope :)

> > --- maven-site-plugin-3.9.0.jar
> > +++ reference/maven-site-plugin-3.9.0.jar
> > ├── zipinfo {}
> > │ @@ -1,8 +1,8 @@
[...]
> > META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> > │ @@ -1,10 +1,10 @@
> > │  Manifest-Version: 1.0
> > │ +Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation^M
> > │  Implementation-Title: Apache Maven Site Plugin
> > │  Implementation-Version: 3.9.0
> > │ +Build-Jdk-Spec: 1.7^M
> > │  Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> > │ -Specification-Title: Apache Maven Site Plugin^M
> > │ -Build-Jdk-Spec: 1.8^M
> > │  Created-By: Maven Jar Plugin 3.2.0
> > │ +Specification-Title: Apache Maven Site Plugin^M
> > │  Specification-Version: 3.9
> > │ -Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation^M
>
> I wonder where the CRs code from...this could be the default
> serialization format on every platform.
FYI I don't have such CRs in output on my Linux box

> > how did you find the experience? any improvement proposal?
> > and any idea on where to put this goal in the future?
>
> There is room for improvement when I quickly read the code. I will write
> separately on this.
sure, code can be improved: don't hesitate
but I was not asking yet for code improvement (I'm confident, it will happen)
but *experience* improvement

> I'd leave as a plugin for now.
you mean a separate plugin? same "buildinfo" name as current? "save" goal
name?

> At least in 3.7.x.
3.7.x as Maven 3.7.x?
does that mean that you think it should be one day integrated into Maven core?
what's the rationale?

Regards,

Hervé