Hi,

On 10.04.20 14:42, Enrico Olivelli wrote:

Il Ven 10 Apr 2020, 14:21 Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de
<mailto:khmarba...@gmx.de>> ha scritto:

    Hi,

    I would like to remove those deprecated command line options from Maven
    core for 3.7.0 ...

That sounds more suitable for a 4.0 release.
We can break things but we should be as much compatible as possible if
we don't change the first digit.

What options are you referring to?

The following options are all already marked deprecated and produce a
WARNING if you use them:

--update-plugins short:-up
--no-plugin-updates short:-npu
--check-plugins-updates short:-cpu
--no-plugin-registry short:-npr

Furthermore all of them have been marked deprecated with 3.0-beta-2
(MNG-4697) which means from my point of view it has been simply
oversight to remove them for 3.0 ... ? So they are deprecated for about
10 years ...

I don't see as a breaking thing cause we already need JDK8 for 3.7.0...
so JDK8 which is also a breaking change from that perspective also we
have removed support for Win9 launch scripts in 3.3.1 which is also a
breaking change ...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise