Hi Tibor, technically you are likely right but deprecating is not only
technical, i'd say it is only 10% of the choice (even if it is what
triggers the discussion).
The biggest part for me is how it affects users.
3.5.x is only 3 years old so I think it is too early to deprecate it (guess
we should target at least 5 years of support) so I think 3.3 can't be
deprecated today but maybe in 1 or 2 years.
That said we can stop supporting 3.3 for new version of plugins and only be
reactive to backport a fix if needed (it is quite rare I think). This way
we can move forward and not send a negative message for enterprises.
In other words: we support >= 3.3 but plugin upgrades  can target only >
3.5.

Wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau