Hi,

we are testing a config, that overwrites a readonly attribute, in Maven Checkstyle plugin config, to be able to analyze a set of resource folders in project root folder.

We don't want to define this spefic folders config in POM build <resources> block, to avoid inherit that in child POMs, so we are forcing that at the plugin level, specifying the <resources> block attribute.

That this is a read-only attribute, and we define it in the plugin configuration, does not imply that the compilation fails, as I would expect. Is that correct?

Any side effect that we could expect of this configuration?

Thanks in advance.

=======

# Directory structure layout:

/module1
   src/main/java
   src/main/resources
   pom.xml
/module2
/src
/dir1
/dir2
pom.xml

#
# Parent POM build config
#

<build>

<pluginManagement>

[Checkstyle config]

</pluginManagement>

<plugin>

         # config to analyze the specific resources folders, in project root folder

<artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
         <inherited>false</inherited>
         <configuration>
             <resources>
                 <resource>