On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 1:52 PM Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

> when the need is restricted META-INF/versions/9/module-info.class, ie not
> really code per Java release, but only module or not module, isn't one
> strategy better to use, given there should be less tests to be run?
>
> perhaps the answer is that MR is overkill for that, given JDK 8 will
> simply
> ignore module-info.class?

That's why the JUnit team decided to place module-info.class files in the
root of each published artifact [0]. We got zero negative feedback for
doing so for over a year now. Yes, that's not a proof, but still a good
indication that most tools and runtimes on Java 8 ignore those compiled
module descriptors.

Cheers,
Christian

[0]: