Hi Robert,

this is slightly offtopic but since you wrote:
On the other hand, the plugin must be able to download the apache-maven-wrapper
distribution.
Is this integration into Maven also adressing proxy handling for the
download?

I am asking because I had to add special handling to Quarkus to get the
proxy from settings applied to the download (via system properties):
- https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/issues/2219
- https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/pull/8431/files

Quarkus is/was not the only "victim" of this proxy handling, see also:
https://github.com/takari/takari-maven-plugin/issues/25

Thanks and best regards,

Falko