Robert Scholte:
There is a feature toggle, see
https://github.com/apache/maven/blob/master/maven-model-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/feature/Features.java#L34

Awesome - I’ll get that a play and report back.

Does this mean that the install:install did work?
That would be interesting.
I am not aware of that issue. Is there already a JIRA ticket for it,
because this must be solved before the next release.

Install worked fine, just the deploy - we do have a custom mojo that has a
dependency on aether/maven-resolver, so may be I’ll need to update that,
altho I assume that should be in different class loaders.

I’ll try with a totally clean project, and introduce things we have in our
builds piece by piece and try make a minimum test case.

Mark