Folks,

MRESOLVER-123 [1] solves a very long standing issue in Resolver: Thread concurrency in a single JVM while downloading artifacts/metadata. It has been verified to work with several usecases provided by reporters. This approach has one drawback: Since it is a global lock it introduces somwhat of a lock contention. The slower your connection link the longer the lock is held. Ideally, folks use repo managers in private networks to solve this issue. Also, read/write reeentrancy seems to work fine based on the logs provided. At the end I prefer build stability over performance.

Please have a look and raise objects if you have any. If you don't hear any I will merge next week and start release process of Resolver 1.5.0.

A midterm goal would be to provide a group id based locking which should drastically reduce contention, but no promises here for an ETA. As for the multi JVM safety, Takari local repository failed to provide a working solution, project seems to be abandoned. I have considered to investigate a Redisson-based approach for this. Though, this solely depends on the community how necessary this really is.

Michael

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-resolver/pull/65