On 2020-07-29T12:22:33 +0200
Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org> wrote:

> I think your usage is correct. Maybe the docs aren't sharp enough saying
> that those case just examples which require a provided scope. You can,
> of course, improve the docs in such a fashion.
> Out of couriosity, can you give you can example for your usecase?

I frequently use `provided` for compile-time only annotations. For
example, the immutables.org generator uses annotations to generate
immutable record types. The OSGi bundle annotations are processed by
the bnd-* plugin family and allow for adding extra information to OSGi
manifests in jar files. None of those annotations are retained, and we
don't expect anything to be available at runtime.

--
Mark Raynsford | https://www.io7m.com