MG>below

________________________________
From: Markus KARG <mar...@headcrashing.eu>
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 7:40 AM
To: dev@maven.apache.org <dev@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Assumption fail treated as unexcepted exception?!

Guys,

I'm stuck with working on a new feature due to this, so I hope you can help
me quickly:

JUnit knows assumptions, assertions and exceptions. Failing assertions will
FAIL tests (hence will fail maven builds). Failing assumptions will SKIP
tests (hence will pass maven builds). Exceptions will ERROR tests (hence
will break maven builds). Unfortunately today I noticed that assumptions
actually ERROR test (hence fail builds) in Maven!

(I simply added another test to maven dependency plugin which contains an
always-failing assumption to proof the claim)

[INFO] Results:

[INFO]

[ERROR] Errors:

[ERROR]   TestCopyMojo.proofClaim:274 ┐ AssumptionViolated always skip

MG>get maven environment and debug information
MG>mvn -e -X
MG>also I know Junit 5.4.2 needs Hamcrest to be on classpath
MG>can you tell us which version of Junit you are using?

-Markus Karg
~gruss~
~martin~