Hi,

I'm writing a plugin that intends to support custom packaging types.

The plugin's components.xml looks like:

<component-set>
    <components>
        <component>
            <role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
            <role-hint>my-custom-type</role-hint>
            <implementation>
                org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.DefaultLifecycleMapping
            </implementation>
            <configuration>
                <lifecycles>
                    <lifecycle>
                        <id>default</id>
                        <phases>
                            <package>
                                com.foo:foo-maven-plugin:bar
                            </package>
                        </phases>
                    </lifecycle>
                </lifecycles>
            </configuration>
        </component>
    </components>
</component-set>

The user's project (where this plugin will be used) have a parent POM that
binds an additional plugin into the package phase.

The problem is that, when executing mvn package, it runs not only
com.foo:foo-maven-plugin:bar, but also this additional plugin.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Note that the parent POM is under my control and I could make changes to it
as well if needed.

Cheers,
--
Álvaro Sánchez-Mariscal