LGTM. Please tell me when done! ;-D
-Markus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Romain Manni-Bucau [mailto:rmannibu...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2021 16:16
An: Maven Developers List
Betreff: Re: Future of maven scripting plugin, java?

Le jeu. 25 févr. 2021 à 15:28, Markus KARG <mar...@headcrashing.eu> a
écrit :

> Romain,
>
> just to understand your target: In the end what you want is that the Java
> scripting plugin will execute Java source code, just like jshell does? That
> sounds interesting to me.

This is more a side effect, the target is to be able to be able to replace
src/main/java/xxxx/build/*.java + exec-maven-plugin setups which has the
drawback to require dependencies in the actual module (even in scope
provided).
The scripting plugin has the opportunity to normalize that through the
maven-java-scripting-engine which will take this through engine
configuration.
To illustrate the usage: it generates documentation, typed clients (http),
jsonschema, openapi.json, docker images with CDS and much more and in a
customized fashion.
Big gain is to not have to leak all dependencies in the build  and keep
build part of the build isolated (a profile can enable to code in the IDE
but when running mvn xxx it is gone/deactivated).

Side notes:
1. creating a build module is not an option since it is really about having
the build code in the related module and not a "put it all" module which is
very hard to maintain.
2. creating a mojo for these needs is inefficient in terms of maintenance
and customization level (I come from there) and ultra verbose in the pom
compared to this scripting option

Hope it clarifies my goal