And that's expected as archive.apache.org keeps all releases that are not
current, i.e. those that have been removed from dist.apache.org.
The release process should really be fixed and the commit to dist.apache.org
should really happen after the vote.
I suggest sending an email to infra to see if the binaries can be removed
from archive.apache.org.

In any case, I'm -0 on this release.  I'm also concerned about the leap in
the release numbering.  You need to balance how many people will wonder why
3.7.0 can not be found vs the number of people who were expecting a feature
in 3.7.0 (which they would expect to be in 3.8.0 anyway).  A failed attempt
should not lead to a missing release number either, as the failure stays in
the dev community, so I don't think the larger user audience cares about
those...