Hi Guillaume,

aggregation goals and parallel builds in combination are a bit of a
mess, e.g.:

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6843
- https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/413
- https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg123439.html

Cheers,

Falko

Am 12.05.2021 um 17:25 schrieb Guillaume Nodet:
Hi

I've analyzed a bug reported on mvnd this afternoon (
https://github.com/mvndaemon/mvnd/issues/408).  It appears that the parent
pom executes the javadoc aggregate goal, which forks the lifecycle of the
children modules in order to compile the sources.  In a traditional build,
this does not cause any real problem, but in a parallel build, a  clean
verify can definitely cause issues if the forked lifecycle and the normal
project build (and especially the clean) are run concurrently.
This definitely looks like an issue to me.  Any idea where I should look at
how to solve the problem ?  I wonder if the MojoExecutor should somehow
delegate to the Builder which is responsible for synchronizing the
executions in the case of a multithreaded build...
Thoughts ?