Le mer. 16 juin 2021 à 12:05, Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org> a écrit :

> A few plugins that fail with the same problem found by googling a bit:
>  https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-266556
>  https://github.com/projectlombok/lombok/issues/2681
>

> https://community.sonarsource.com/t/maven-sonar-scanner-not-working-with-jdk-16/40699
>

> https://www.bountysource.com/issues/97382407-enunciate-does-not-run-on-jdk16
> That's just the first page on google... so I don't think this is me running
> into a corner case.  JDK 16 has only been release 2 months ago, and the
> rules have changed quite a bit since JDK 15, so that's not an old problem,
> it's a new one.

All these ones are solved with MAVEN_OPTS AFAIK so it is already in -
understand we can't have the correct jpms options by default since we'll
never know all plugins.

> I think adding the --illegal-access=permit option on the command is
> sufficient to solve all those problems, but the problem is still the same :
> this option will break if using JDK 1.8.  This has to be configured on the
> project and not globally.

This will likely break soon so I wouldn't consider it as an option.

> I'm not sure what you refer to with the setenv.sh script ? is that
> something that maven launcher runs prior to launching the JVM ?

Yes, it is often used in servers (thinking to tomcat or karaf).
mvn.sh (similarly for .bat flavor) would source bin/setenv.sh (bat) if
exists.

this script would container any logic the user wants and be usable to setup
maven env vars before the script reads it.

a common (trivial) setup would be (a more advanced can test java --version):

bin/setenv.sh:
#! /bin/sh
epxort MAVEN_OPTS=--illegal-access=permit