Hi Robert,

I would like to propose another solution.
According to the wiki page and to the documentation, we have

user < installation (aka global) < project.

where "<" means "is overridden by".

>From what I understand from other build systems, a more common approach would
>be

installation (aka global) < user < project

This would fix the naming issue (global becomes global).
Of course this is a breaking change, but for maven 4, this seems
reasonable to me.