Hello,

I'm not an active contributor but here are some observations:

1. travis vs github scripts can differ even in one repository (e.g. [1] and
[2])
2. Travis badge can be misleading as it usually shows a failing badge. :)
3. Travis is spread across Apache projects [3], unfortunately I didn't find
a way to search only for maven repos that contain .travis.yml

That all being said, I think a semi-automated way of cleaning up the repos
is required, otherwise it'd be a lot of manual repetitive work.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/master/.github/workflows/maven.yml
[2] https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/master/.travis.yml
[3]