Hi,

On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 at 07:57, Slawomir Jaranowski <s.jaranow...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> In next version of Maven parent
>  - detectLinks from javadoc configurations was removed, so javadoc will not
> download remote resource, it was fails many times in this case
>  - findbugs was removed - it also took a lot of time
>
> My proposition is to remove from reports:
>   - surefire
>   - checkstyle
>   - pmd
>   - taglist
>   - invoker
>   and finally - jxr
>
> chekstyle is used during build,
> if we want to use pmd should be included in build
> any other tests result are reported on jenkins for each build, I don't see
> benefit of such in documentations

I tend to agree to remove reports which are already part of the build and
fail the build in case of issues (such checkstyle, surefire, invoker).
Because at the end reports are just empty and finally do not provide much
more interesting information.
What about having those reports in Jenkins (for at least only one
combination).
But which one? Jenkins reporting can support a lot of tools
https://github.com/jenkinsci/analysis-model/blob/master/SUPPORTED-FORMATS.md
I feel sometimes some reports are generating some false negative warnings,
But at least it will be here if someone wants to have a look but would not
fail a normal build and not make extra noise
Not sure which tools could be interesting? spotbugs, compiler warnings,
what else?

> and of course I can change GH action to build site only on one node

agree on that maybe for only 1 combination such linux/jdk 1.8/maven last
version?