Hi Tim,

tbh I did not even notice, because I use Java 11 to compile Java 8 projects.
You can either use the properties maven.compiler.source/target or
maven.compiler.release (recommended for Java 9+).

This would require Java 11+ for your build, but the compiled bytecode
will still be Java 8 bytecode.

Would that work for you?

- Ben