them)?

Honestly I am not really a fan of this idea  - I prefer ascetic look & feel
and to have text-only links.

But out of those two I prefer second one:

[ ] http://www.apache.org/~aheritier/maven/       ( vote: -0)
[X] http://www.apache.org/~aheritier/fabrizio/    ( vote: 0)

Also note that hints if link is leading to an external resource haven't been
applied consistently:

http://www.apache.org/~aheritier/fabrizio/reference/index.html

Link to 'Maven Wiki' in nav menu has a hint, link to "maven wiki" in the
page body doesn't.
I know why it is like this and that it will be not that easy to assure full
consistency...

regards

Michal