Hi all,

For an output check (thanks again Michael for the pointer), I tested maven
master/4 this morning and get a few question marks:

1. I know we warn when a plugin has no lock version but it also means we
implicitly force to define a plugin and warn we defined it, this does not
make much sense from an user point of view for me so either we should keep
a default version aligned on maven version or just not enforce any plugin
if not defined in the pom (means if I did not define install plugin, mvn
install wouldn't install - don't think it is good but it is not worse than
warning for an implicit definition when something implicit had been done
IMHO)
2. I was not able to reproduce it after an install but I got at first build
this error (mvn clean install -DskipTests -T8):

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:3.0.0-M1:install
(default-install) on project xxxxxxxx: Execution default-install of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:3.0.0-M1:install failed:
Unable to provision, see the following errors:
[ERROR]
[ERROR] 1) Error in custom provider, java.lang.IllegalStateException
[ERROR]   at ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null] (via modules:
org.eclipse.sisu.wire.WireModule ->
org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.PlexusBindingModule ->
org.apache.maven.session.scope.internal.SessionScopeModule)
[ERROR]   while locating org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession
[ERROR]
[ERROR] 1 error
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:3.0.0-M1:install
(default-install) on project orchestrator: Execution default-install of
goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:3.0.0-M1:install failed:
Unable to provision, see the following errors:
[ERROR]
[ERROR] 1) Error in custom provider, java.lang.IllegalStateException
[ERROR]   at ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null] (via modules:
org.eclipse.sisu.wire.WireModule ->
org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.PlexusBindingModule ->
org.apache.maven.session.scope.internal.SessionScopeModule)
[ERROR]   while locating org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession
[ERROR]
[ERROR] 1 error

I'm a bit suspicious about this last one since there is a new resolution of
project modules, anyone with some idea?

Romain Manni-Bucau