On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 11:16 AM Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Elliotte,
>
> Did you mean -DfailIfNoTests=false? the NoSpecified is for the case you
> specify a test (-Dtest) IIRC.

No, the error message we see (and didn't see a couple of days ago) is:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:3.0.0-M6:test
(default-cli) on project protobuf-bom: No tests matching pattern
"**/*Test, !**/*IsValidUtf8Test, !**/*DecodeUtf8Test" were executed!
(Set -Dsurefire.failIfNoSpecifiedTests=false to ignore this error.) ->
[Help 1]

However that is helpful. Now that I look, our command is setting
-DfailIfNoTests=false. It is not setting
-Dsurefire.failIfNoSpecifiedTests=false. I didn't initially catch the
difference because they were separated by many pages of log junk. is
failIfNoSpecifiedTests new in M6? Or is there some other reason this
might trigger now?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org