Von: Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Gesendet: Sunday, August 14, 2022 5:41:29 PM
An: Maven Developers List <dev@maven.apache.org>
Betreff: [DISCUSS] Usage of Maven Changes Plugin/Reduction of Features

Guys,

does anyone of you use the extended features of MCHANGES besides the
changes.xml to HTML generation, e.g., messaging, JIRA report, Trac report?
I'd like to make it savvy for Doxia 2.0.0 and proper generation, but I
am not willing to keep the luggage of the mentioned additional features
because of:
* I don't know they do work or not work,
* the setup and testing effort of third party systems
* supporting commercial products I don't have access to.

My rough plan would be:
* Deprecate all of those in M1
* Remove all of those in M2
* Review plugin and update remaining deps in M2
* Look at open issues for M3

Personally, I have never used the messaging feature and for JIRA, et al.
I rather provide a link than duplicating the data.

Let me know what you think otherwise this plugin will not survive the
Doxia 2.0.0 stack migration.

Michael