I'm currently writing a test for a component that requires

org.apache.maven.repository.RepositorySystem

the problem is that it seems the only implementation of this is LegacyRepositorySystem that is part of maven-compat (and thus I'd like to avoid adding that as a dependency)

So I see two options:

1) There is a new alterantive that implements org.apache.maven.repository.RepositorySystem but I just don't know about?

2) I could try to refactor my code to not using org.apache.maven.repository.RepositorySystem, but what should be the alternative?

org.apache.maven.repository.RepositorySystem is not deprecated and I can't see any note that something else should be used instead...

any hints?