Le dim. 16 oct. 2022 à 10:11, Hervé Boutemy <herve.bout...@free.fr> a
écrit :

> key prerequisite is to make sure we don't screw history with the big
> reformat
> commits: I absolutely need to keep git blame provide useful feedback.

Right, good point.

> it seems git blame --ignore-revs in Git 2.23 does what we need:
> https://michaelheap.com/git-ignore-rev/

I did not know that feature, it seems to work quite well for us !

Does anybody have experience with this and its support in different
> extended
> tools, like GitHub
> https://github.blog/changelog/2022-03-24-ignore-commits-in-the-blame-view-beta/
> or IDEs?
>
> I'd prefer we test on one non-sensitive small Git repo before doing such a
> change in the important ones

I did it on my maven-resolver fork, just adding the git blame [1] and the
output [2] looks quite nice and ignores the previous reformat commit.

Guillaume

[1]
https://github.com/gnodet/maven-resolver/commit/3d6ea3b53cc3ace7ae8206a0095f3b30d9130efa
[2]