Yup,

there a LOT of new stuff coming with 1.9, but yes, split repo is among
"interesting" ones:
https://github.com/apache/maven-resolver/blob/master/src/site/markdown/configuration.md

RRF (aether.remoteRepositoryFilter.*) and documented here:
https://github.com/apache/maven-resolver/blob/master/src/site/markdown/remote-repository-filtering.md

TCS (aether.trustedChecksumsSource.) but is not yet documented on separate
page

etc