+1 from the sidelines.

I don’t understand
>>>* current process causes (forced) context switching, and can likely lead to
human mistakes: when the release vote is announced, developer is FORCED to
stop for 72h and possibly switch. This is just a productivity killer.
<<<
Who is forced to do anything and for what reason?

AFAIK cascading dependencies can be handled by releasing cause + all effects at
once.  If that’s hard to do now, maybe there’s a way to make it easier. I’d
expect it would make testing a change more plausible as well.

David Jencks