Now imports. But somewhat "named capabilities". Most of the plugins (vast
majority) would use the default of "*" (give me whatever you have).

If I look at this file:
https://github.com/apache/maven/blob/master/maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/extension.xml

I see "capabilities" like:
- m4 api
- m3 api x
- wagon x?
- resolver x
- classworlds x?
- plexus-xml x? <- Guillaume?
- plexus-container x
- jsr330
- jsr250
- slf4j
- jansi

Note: in some future maven 4.5/5/whatever entries marked with "x" are gone.
Those with "?" capabilities are unsure if I am right or not (that will be
gone), Guillaume will chime in hopefully.

The vast majority of plugins will not bother with these settings at all
(will have default value of "*").
Some may want to tune it, like not having jsr330 or slf4j, or purist
plugins may ask only for "m4api".

Point is (whether enum or not) is:
if a plugin asks for capability that maven runtime does not have (for
example m3api in maven 5) -> leads to breakage.

===

BUT, I said this would be a "dream" :) Do not stick to it. Am completely
fine with a flag as I described before.