Evidently you know something I don’t, and I hope you’ll explain it to me.

For the 3rd time,

—

Right now there are usually release votes in parallel. As I pointed out, all
308 could be in parallel.  What relevance does your calculation have to
anything?

This discussion looks to me like the others I’ve seen about shortening release
votes: someone is basically complaining that the apache process is inconvenient
for a particular subset of developers on a particular project, without
examining what the actual roadblocks to effective development are or what other
solutions might be possible.

In particular, I’d like to see an analysis of what would happen if a “release”
was for a particular project plus all downstream changes needed to use it,
whether as a single vote or as concurrent votes.

Thanks
David Jencks