Folks, I did not say am releasing it NOW :D
I would not consider any release "incomplete", but as I see this one is WIP
and has PR already:
- MNG-7679 has a PR already, so I guess it's gonna be OK when the release
is to happen.

For the rest, sure, discuss it.
IMHO, all the version parsing/comparison should be somehow delegated to
Resolver GenericVersion, as currently we have multiple copies doing
(nearly) the same thing....