Am 2023-03-08 um 14:17 schrieb Elliotte Rusty Harold:
What do people think about
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-7714? It does seem to be a
real bug and a recent regression. Is this worth holding the release
for?

I have not been able to fix this, and cannot promise I will be able to
in the near future. If anyone else can see how to make it work, please
send a PR.

I consider RH's versioning scheme so complex (read fucked up) that I would expect a RH employee to provide a suitable fix. There is zero reason for Final/RELEASE and for SP/sp as well. The former is redundant, the latter can simply be a patch version.