Hello Basil,

I wrote the mail while the ITs were running.

Please note the naming issue is not "minor". It will break the build very
soon.
There's a reason for this:

SEE:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin-development.html

QUOTE:
You will typically name your plugin <yourplugin>-maven-plugin.

Calling it maven-<yourplugin>-plugin (note "Maven" is at the beginning of
the plugin name) is strongly discouraged since it's a reserved naming
pattern for official Apache Maven plugins maintained by the Apache Maven
team with groupId org.apache.maven.plugins. Using this naming pattern is an
infringement of the Apache Maven Trademark.