Le 2023-09-12 à 07 h 16, Henning Schmiedehausen a écrit :

Maven spends a lot of time trying to deal with corner cases and I am not sure that we get them right.

The thing is that putting a JAR on the module-path versus class-path can change application behaviour, no matter if JPMS or not. This decision has impact on everything related to reflection, including ServiceLoader but not only. Whether the effects of putting a JAR on the module-path are desired or not depend on the library and/or the application, even non-JPMS applications. This is why the whole point in this thread is to give control to developers. On a case-by-case basis at the dependency level would be ideal, but may require POM change. So as a second-choice, some plugin configuration options would work as well for many cases.

    Martin