Hi Eliotte,

Is the -1 only motivated by the fact there is a PR opened?

If so please consider two things:
*  it is always the case for most releases (maven, asf, living projects ;))
so not sure when it became a hard criteria but if so we should probably
think to be more open if we want to release a day
* If you take time to review the PR you mention you will also see it just
revert a fix and that the final code should be more complex if it lands in
shade plugin a day - there are always workarounds there - so don't think we
can make it in the week so can await another round and way more time to
make it right (long story sort shade has an old bug where it mixes the same
config for different kind of rewritten sources, while it often works and
stays simple, it also makes it insanely hard to be right since you don't
know what you rewrite - a variable, a package, a class name, ...)

Romain Manni-Bucau