Romain,

we have multiple ONGOING issues:

- site plugin IMHO must not be 4.x (as it is still a Maven3 plugin, it does
not use Maven4 API). OTOH, it _is a breaking change_, so users need to
adjust their builds once upgraded
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/

- same stands for incoming maven-gpg-plugin (breaking change that will
break their builds if only thing they do is "bump version")

- incoming Maven4 plugins (many of them are already migrated, sitting on
mvn4 branches)

- incoming new compiler plugin(s), etc

To start/do any of these, we MUST align on these IMHO.