On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 7:07 PM Andres Almiray <aalmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> First, I’d suggest following a commit message convention. You may define your
> own or follow an existing one such as
> https://www.conventionalcommits.org/en/v1.0.0/

Please don't. I've seen this on too many projects, and it's a huge
hassle for very little benefit. It would take significantly less time
to manually write release notes for each release than to micro-format
each and every commit message. Conventional commits is a huge time
sink and way too much added friction. It discourages developers and
decreases velocity with endless nit picking over formatting details
that just don't matter.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org